The rules are subject to modification as we're making it up as we go. The aim is to encourage silliness and an equal chance of victory for all team sizes. If you have any suggestions or need clarification, then feel free to start a discussion on our facebook page.
- Each team receives one 36 pint barrel of beer, which must be drunk during the race by only the members of that team.
- The barrel has to travel one lap per team member - e.g. for a team of 4 the barrel travels 4 laps, team of 10 - 10 laps.
- The course is a loop of Hackney Marsh starting and finishing at Brupond Brewery.
- Beer cannot be decanted into glasses or other containers.
- The barrel can be transported by any means, as long as everything is powered only by running or walking team members - 'push power'.
- The barrel can be altered, but should remain intact as a boxed barrel throughout.
- Each member of the team must complete at least one lap.
- While unintentionally expelling beer is tolerated, 'bouncing' is not.
- First team to finish with an empty barrel wins.